Senior Living in 04634 (Franklin, ME)
- 04634 scores the same as the Franklin, ME average of 64.
- 04634 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04634 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Maine Coast Memorial Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Golden Acres Boarding Home, Seaport Village Healthcare, and Heath Haven Residence.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including White Birches Country Club, Bar Harbor Golf Course, and Woodland Terrace.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Ellsworth Assembly of God, Church of Nazarene, and Community of Christ.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,538, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,776, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,257, which is in the top 63% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.67%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04634 has a very sparse population density of 18.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.01%.