Senior Living in 04642 (Harborside, ME)
- 04642 scores the same as the Harborside, ME average of 76.
- 04642 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04642 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Bayview Manor Office, Island Nursing Home and Care Center, and The Commons at Tall Pines.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (59% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Castine Golf Club, Island Country Club, and Searsport Pines Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Holbrook Island Sanctuary State Park, Warren Island, and Northport Campground.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Baptist Parsonage, Community of Christ, and Christ Church Rectory.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $283,025, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,083, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $167,958, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04642 has a very sparse population density of 21.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.