Senior Living in 04664 (Sullivan, ME)
- 04664 scores the same as the Sullivan, ME average of 70.
- 04664 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04664 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Maine Coast Memorial Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Golden Acres Boarding Home, Heath Haven Residence, and Sonogee Rehabilitation and Living Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including White Birches Country Club, Bar Harbor Golf Course, and Kebo Valley Club.
- There are 16 parks nearby, including mountain view campground, Lamoine State Park, and Bar Harbor Campground.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Union Cong Church of Hancock, Church of Christ, and Church of Redemer.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,101, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,536, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,628, which is in the top 43% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.73%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04664 has a very sparse population density of 34.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.34%.