Senior Living in 04675 (Seal Harbor, ME)
- 04675 scores the same as the Seal Harbor, ME average of 76.
- 04675 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04675 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Mount Desert Island Hospital and Mount Desert Island Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Sonogee Rehabilitation and Living Center).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 9 golf courses nearby, including Northeast Harbor Golf Club, Kebo Valley Club, and Causeway Club.
- There are 19 parks nearby, including Mount Desert Land & Garden Preserve, Asticou Azalea Garden, and Blackwoods Campground.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including First Light Assembly of God, Maine Sea Coast Mission, and Acadia Monthly Meeting.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $91,198, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $84,013, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,475, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04675 has a very sparse population density of 49.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.79%.