Senior Living in 04684 (Surry, ME)
- 04684 scores the same as the Surry, ME average of 73.
- 04684 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04684 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Blue Hill Memorial Hospital and Blue Hill Memorial Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Parker Ridge, Courtland Rehabilitation & Living Center, and Heath Haven Residence.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (41% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Blue Hill Country Club, Castine Golf Club, and Bucksport Golf Club.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Patten Pond Camping Resort, Forest Ridge Campground, and Wanderin Moose Campground.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Blue Hill Concregational Chr and Community of Christ).
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,483, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,429, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,619, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.56%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04684 has a very sparse population density of 39.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.35%.