Senior Living in 04693 (Winter Harbor, ME)
- 04693 scores the same as the Winter Harbor, ME average of 73.
- 04693 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04693 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Mount Desert Island Hospital and Mount Desert Island Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Sonogee Rehabilitation and Living Center).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (43% of the total population).
- There are 7 golf courses nearby, including Grindstone Neck Golf Course, Kebo Valley Club, and Northeast Harbor Golf Club.
- There are 17 parks nearby, including Grant Park, Agamont Park, and The Natural History Center.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Bar Harbor Congregational Chr, Maine Sea Coast Mission, and Acadia Monthly Meeting.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,936, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,904, which is in the top 75% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,351, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.07%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04693 has a very sparse population density of 35.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.36%.