Senior Living in 04734 (Blaine, ME)
- 04734 scores the same as the Blaine, ME average of 72.
- 04734 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04734 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Aroostook Medical Center,the).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including TAMC - Aroostook Medical Center, Leisure Garden Apartments, and Presque Isle Rehab and Nursing Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 5 golf courses nearby, including Mars Hill Country Club, Mars Hill Country Club, and Presque Isle Country Club.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Magic Pond Retreat Cottage, Riverside Wesleyan Campground, and Aroostook Campground.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Apostolic Pentecostal Church, Apostolic Pentecostal Church, and Bridgewater Full Gospel Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.24% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,548, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,469, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,879, which is in the top 77% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.95%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area has average air quality.
- 04734 has a very sparse population density of 17.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.68%.