Senior Living in 04743 (Fort Kent, ME)
- 04743 scores the same as the Fort Kent, ME average of 62.
- 04743 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04743 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Mercy Home, Rose Acres, and Forest Hill Rehab and Skilled Nursing Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 5 golf courses nearby, including Fort Kent Golf Club, Birch Point Golf Club, and Caribou Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Eagle Lake Sporting Camps, Birch Haven Campground, and Clover Hill Campground.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Our Lady of Valley and Daughters of Wisdom).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.24% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,576, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,358, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,913, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.13%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area has average air quality.
- 04743 has a very sparse population density of 34.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.49%.