Senior Living in 04746 (Grand Isle, ME)
- 04746 scores the same as the Grand Isle, ME average of 66.
- 04746 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04746 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including St Jude\'s Foster Home, Borderview Rehabilitation & Living Center, and High View Manor.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (44% of the total population).
- There are 4 golf courses nearby, including Birch Point Golf Club, Caribou Country Club, and Limestone Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Camping St Basile, Rivière-Verte RiteStop, and Van Buren Recreation Department.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Valley, Daughters of Wisdom, and Christian Life Fellowship.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.24% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $42,961, which is in the top 86% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $34,125, which is in the top 84% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,494, which is in the top 79% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.83%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area has average air quality.
- 04746 has a very sparse population density of 12.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.75%.