Senior Living in 04757 (Mapleton, ME)
- 04757 scores the same as the Mapleton, ME average of 76.
- 04757 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04757 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Aroostook Medical Center,the).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Mapleton Waiver Home, Skyhaven Transitional Living, and Aroostook Mental Health Services - Skyhaven.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 7 golf courses nearby, including Presque Isle Country Club, Aroostook Valley Country Club, and Mars Hill Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Aroostook State Park, Currie Chemical Co/The Feed Depot, and Neil E Michaud Campground.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Castle Hill Advent Christian, Baptist Park, and Church of Jesus.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.24% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,194, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,250, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,269, which is in the top 40% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.53%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area has average air quality.
- 04757 has a very sparse population density of 22.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.55%.