Senior Living in 04761 (New Limerick, ME)
- 04761 scores the same as the New Limerick, ME average of 70.
- 04761 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04761 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Houlton Regional Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Gardiner Health Care Facility, Madigan Estates, and Hodgdon Homestead.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (42% of the total population).
- There are 4 golf courses nearby, including Houlton Community Golf Course, Va Jo Wa Golf Club, and Mars Hill Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Parks & Recreation Department, Houlton Community Park, and My Brothers Place Campground.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, Church of Nazarene, and Church of Christ.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.24% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,141, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,429, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,458, which is in the top 44% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.93%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04761 has a very sparse population density of 28.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.11%.