Senior Living in 04766 (Perham, ME)
- 04766 scores the same as the Perham, ME average of 71.
- 04766 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04766 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Cary Medical Center).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Mapleton Waiver Home and Caribou Rehab and Nursing Center)
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 6 golf courses nearby, including Caribou Country Club, Portage Hills Country Club, and Fort Kent Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Washburn Recreation Department)..
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Calvary Baptist Church, Church of Christ, and Assembly of God Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.24% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,036, which is in the top 84% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,125, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,790, which is in the top 86% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.49%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area has average air quality.
- 04766 has a very sparse population density of 10.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.32%.