Senior Living in 04776 (Sherman, ME)
- 04776 scores the same as the Sherman, ME average of 58.
- 04776 scores significantly lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04776 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Mountain Heights Health Care Facility and Woodland Heights)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 3 golf courses nearby, including Va Jo Wa Golf Club, Houlton Community Golf Course, and Hillcrest Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Barnett\'s Cabins, RV and Camping, Patten Park & Recreation Department, and Birch Point Lodge Campgrounds.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Weslevan Church of Crystal, Calvary Baptist Church, and Westleyan Church of Crystal.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.24% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $40,715, which is in the top 90% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,491, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,118, which is in the top 81% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.76%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04776 has a very sparse population density of 10.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.28%.