Senior Living in 04779 (Sinclair, ME)
- 04779 scores the same as the Sinclair, ME average of 66.
- 04779 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04779 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Borderview Rehabilitation & Living Center, St Jude\'s Foster Home, and Country Village Estates.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (53% of the total population).
- There are 4 golf courses nearby, including Birch Point Golf Club, Caribou Country Club, and Limestone Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Valley, Daughters of Wisdom, and Our Lady-The Vly Faith Frmtn.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.24% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,966, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,271, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,483, which is in the top 43% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.56%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area has average air quality.
- 04779 has a very sparse population density of 4.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.13%.