Senior Living in 04785 (Van Buren, ME)
- 04785 scores the same as the Van Buren, ME average of 60.
- 04785 scores significantly lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04785 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Borderview Rehabilitation & Living Center and St Jude\'s Foster Home)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There is 1 fire station in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (44% of the total population).
- There are 4 golf courses nearby, including Limestone Country Club, Caribou Country Club, and Birch Point Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Van Buren Recreation Department, Camping St Léonard, and Maple Leaf Motel & Camping.
- There are no churches nearby.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.24% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,581, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $27,267, which is in the top 94% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,499, which is in the top 73% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.11%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area has average air quality.
- 04785 has a very sparse population density of 24.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 74.05%.