Senior Living in 04787 (Westfield, ME)
- 04787 scores the same as the Westfield, ME average of 77.
- 04787 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04787 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Aroostook Medical Center,the).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including TAMC - Aroostook Medical Center, Leisure Garden Apartments, and Presque Isle Rehab and Nursing Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 6 golf courses nearby, including Mars Hill Country Club, Mars Hill Country Club, and Presque Isle Country Club.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Campers Paradise, Aroostook State Park, and Magic Pond Retreat Cottage.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Apostolic Pentecostal Church, Apostolic Pentecostal Church, and Grant Memorial United Mthdst.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.24% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,064, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $34,375, which is in the top 83% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,049, which is in the top 81% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.86%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area has average air quality.
- 04787 has a very sparse population density of 13.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.99%.