Senior Living in 04856 (Rockport, ME)
- 04856 scores the same as the Rockport, ME average of 76.
- 04856 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04856 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Penobscot Bay Medical Center).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Davis Long Term Care Group, Merry Gardens Estates, and The Gardens.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Samoset Resort, Goose River Golf Club, and Rockland Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks nearby, including Camden Hills Campground, Beech Hill Preserve, and Ragged Mountain Preserve.
- There are 15 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Good Hope Church, Masonic Temple of Rockland, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.06% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $85,015, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,464, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,982, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.21%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04856 has a sparse population density of 153.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.40%.