Senior Living in 04922 (Burnham, ME)
- 04922 scores the same as the Burnham, ME average of 67.
- 04922 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04922 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Sebasticook Valley Hospital and Sebasticook Valley Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Pittsfield Community Home, Sanfield Rehabilitation & Living Center, and Mount St. Joseph Residence and Rehabilitation.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Lakeview Golf Course, Johnson W. Parks Golf Course, and Palmyra Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Skowhegan / Kennebec Valley KOA, Palmyra, and Palmyra Golf Course and Campground.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Calvary Baptist Church, Solid Rock Church of God, and Church of Christ.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.35% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $42,477, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $29,821, which is in the top 91% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,531, which is in the top 87% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.09%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04922 has a very sparse population density of 29.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.02%.