Senior Living in 04937 (Fairfield, ME)
- 04937 scores the same as the Fairfield, ME average of 70.
- 04937 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04937 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Inland Hospital and Mainegeneral Medical Ctr).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Mount St. Joseph Residence and Rehabilitation, Goudreau\'s Retirement Inn, and Quarry Rd Residential Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Pine Ridge Municipal Golf Center, Waterville Country Club, and Belgrade Lakes Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Camp Matoaka, Fort Halifax Park, and Two Rivers Campground.
- There are 48 churches nearby, including Church of Nazarene, Norridgewock Baptist Church, and Waterville Sda Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,792, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,288, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,751, which is in the top 48% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.16%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04937 has a sparse population density of 127.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.06%.