Senior Living in 04943 (Hartland, ME)
- 04943 scores the same as the Hartland, ME average of 67.
- 04943 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04943 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Sebasticook Valley Hospital, Sebasticook Valley Hospital, and Redington Fairview General Hospital.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Sanfield Rehabilitation & Living Center, Tissues Country Estate, and Pittsfield Community Home.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including Palmyra Golf Course, Johnson W. Parks Golf Course, and Orchard View Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Palmyra, Skowhegan / Kennebec Valley KOA, and Palmyra Golf Course and Campground.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Solid Rock Church of God, Calvary Baptist Church, and Canaan Calvary Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,727, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $32,932, which is in the top 86% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,374, which is in the top 74% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.02%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04943 has a very sparse population density of 48.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.07%.