Senior Living in 04949 (Liberty, ME)
- 04949 scores the same as the Liberty, ME average of 63.
- 04949 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04949 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Fullcircle Farm, Seven Tree Manor, and Country Manor .
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Northport Golf Club, Northport Golf Club, and Shore Acres Golf Course at Sebasco Harbor Resort.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Lake Saint George State Park and Mic Mac Cove Family Campground).
- There are 5 churches nearby, including South Liberty Baptist Church, Palermo Christian Church, and Washington Village Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.35% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,519, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,092, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,273, which is in the top 57% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.78%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04949 has a very sparse population density of 35.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.24%.