Senior Living in 04955 (New Sharon, ME)
- 04955 scores the same as the New Sharon, ME average of 71.
- 04955 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04955 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Franklin Memorial Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Oliver Leap House, Pinewood Terrace, and Village View Apartments.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Sandy River Golf Course, Belgrade Lakes Golf Club, and Lakewood Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Round Top Trailhead and Camp Matoaka).
- There are 23 churches nearby, including New Sharon Congregational Ucc, Church of Christ, and Mount Blue Motel.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.70% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,772, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,250, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,219, which is in the top 69% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.60%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04955 has a very sparse population density of 30.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.34%.