Senior Living in 04957 (Norridgewock, ME)
- 04957 scores the same as the Norridgewock, ME average of 71.
- 04957 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04957 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Redington Fairview General Hospital and Redington-fairview Gen Hosp).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Maplecrest Rehabilitation and Living Center, Somerset Residential Care Center, and Woodlawn Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Lakewood Golf Course, Sandy River Golf Course, and Belgrade Lakes Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Jellystone Park at Yonderhill Campground, Camp Matoaka, and Two Rivers Campground.
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Riverside Worship Center, Smithfield Baptist Church, and United Church of Christ Cong.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,467, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,663, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,502, which is in the top 49% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.68%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04957 has a very sparse population density of 52.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.44%.