Senior Living in 04962 (North Vassalboro, ME)
- 04962 scores the same as the North Vassalboro, ME average of 69.
- 04962 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04962 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Inland Hospital and Mainegeneral Medical Ctr).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Volmer Country Living Center, Gables Manor, and Park Residences.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Arrowhead/Indian Course at Natanis Golf Course, Pine Ridge Municipal Golf Center, and Waterville Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Fort Halifax Park, Green Valley Campground, and Camp Caribou.
- There are 39 churches nearby, including Cornerstone Christian Fellow, Vassalboro Full Gospel Church, and Vassalboro United Mthdst Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $18,837, which is in the top 100% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $11,058, which is in the top 100% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $8,959, which is in the top 99% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04962 has a dense population density of 1,524.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 72.63%.