Senior Living in 04965 (Palmyra, ME)
- 04965 scores the same as the Palmyra, ME average of 70.
- 04965 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04965 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Sebasticook Valley Hospital and Sebasticook Valley Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Pittsfield Community Home, Sanfield Rehabilitation & Living Center, and Zambrano A.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Palmyra Golf Course, Orchard View Golf Course, and Johnson W. Parks Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Palmyra, Palmyra Golf Course and Campground, and Sebasticook Lake Campgrounds.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, Jubilee Family Worship Center, and Calvary Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,931, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,481, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,352, which is in the top 74% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.47%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04965 has a very sparse population density of 49.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.70%.