Senior Living in 04974 (Searsport, ME)
- 04974 scores the same as the Searsport, ME average of 71.
- 04974 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04974 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Waldo County General Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Bayview Manor Office, Harbor Hill Center, and Midcoast Residential.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Searsport Pines Golf Course, Castine Golf Club, and Country View Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Searsport Shores Ocean Camping, Moose Point State Park, and Sears Island Preserve.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Emmanuel Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, and St Francis of Assisi Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.35% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,523, which is in the top 77% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,625, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,033, which is in the top 70% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.28%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04974 has a very sparse population density of 91.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.94%.