Senior Living in 04978 (Smithfield, ME)
- 04978 scores the same as the Smithfield, ME average of 76.
- 04978 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04978 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Snow Pond Residential Care Center, Woodlawn Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Lakewood Continuing Care Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (40% of the total population).
- There are 16 golf courses nearby, including Belgrade Lakes Golf Club, Waterville Country Club, and Pine Ridge Municipal Golf Center.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Camp Matoaka, Round Top Trailhead, and Two Rivers Campground.
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Smithfield Baptist Church, Riverside Worship Center, and Oakland United Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,153, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,339, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,079, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.61%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04978 has a very sparse population density of 52.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.45%.