Senior Living in 04979 (Solon, ME)
- 04979 scores the same as the Solon, ME average of 66.
- 04979 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04979 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Redington Fairview General Hospital and Redington-fairview Gen Hosp).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Mac Residential Service, Mac Residential Service Harvest, and Tissues Country Estate.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 9 golf courses nearby, including Lakewood Golf Course, Johnson W. Parks Golf Course, and Palmyra Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Evergreens Campground & Restaurant, Gadabout Gaddis Airport-ME08, and North Country Rivers.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including United Methodist Economic, Church of Open Bible, and Calvary Pentecostal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,746, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,278, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,433, which is in the top 73% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.90%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04979 has a very sparse population density of 24.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.09%.