Senior Living in 04987 (Troy, ME)
- 04987 scores the same as the Troy, ME average of 69.
- 04987 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04987 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Sebasticook Valley Hospital and Sebasticook Valley Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Pittsfield Community Home).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Lakeview Golf Course, Country View Golf Club, and Orchard View Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Sebasticook Lake Campgrounds)..
- There are 14 churches nearby, including Church of Apostolic Way, Church of Christ, and Church of Christ.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.35% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,973, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,714, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,422, which is in the top 74% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.24%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04987 has a very sparse population density of 29.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.61%.