Senior Living in 04989 (Vassalboro, ME)
- 04989 scores the same as the Vassalboro, ME average of 78.
- 04989 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04989 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Togus Va Medical Center, Maine General Medical Center, and Augusta Mental Hlth Institute.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including Volmer Country Living Center, Gables Manor, and Witham\'s Residential Care.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 116 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Arrowhead/Indian Course at Natanis Golf Course, Waterville Country Club, and Western View Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Green Valley Campground, Fort Halifax Park, and Calumet Playground.
- There are 85 churches nearby, including Vassalboro United Mthdst Chr, Cornerstone Christian Fellow, and Vassalboro Full Gospel Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,041, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,906, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,636, which is in the top 38% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.33%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04989 has a very sparse population density of 95.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.98%.