Senior Living in 05031 (Barnard, VT)
- 05031 scores the same as the Barnard, VT average of 81.
- 05031 scores significantly higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05031 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (White River Jct Va Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including The Homestead Inc., Woodstock Terrace, and Mill Village Apartments.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (47% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Quechee Club, The -Lakeland, Woodstock Country Club, and Green Mountain National Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Silver Lake State Park, Marsh - Billings - Rockefeller National Historic Park, and Quechee Ski Hill.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including United Church of S Royalton, Journey, and North Pomfret Congregational Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $90,239, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $113,250, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $52,436, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 05031 has a very sparse population density of 21.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.79%.