Senior Living in 05032 (Bethel, VT)
- 05032 scores the same as the Bethel, VT average of 71.
- 05032 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05032 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Gifford Medical Center).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Gifford Medical Center - Menig Extended Care Facility, Windover House, and The Homestead Inc..
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including White River Golf Club, Montague Golf Club, and Green Mountain National Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Silver Lake State Park, Lake Champagne Campground, and Gifford Woods State Park.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Faith Assembly of God, United Church of S Royalton, and Journey.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,405, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,102, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,558, which is in the top 34% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.34%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 05032 has a very sparse population density of 38.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.14%.