Senior Living in 05038 (Chelsea, VT)
- 05038 scores the same as the Chelsea, VT average of 69.
- 05038 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05038 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Gifford Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Riverbend Residential Care Home, Windover House, and Cota\'s Hospitality Home.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 16 golf courses nearby, including Montague Golf Club, Country Club of Barre, and Lake Morey Inn Resort Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Lake Champagne Campground and Allis State Park).
- There are 18 churches nearby, including West Hill United Methodist Chr, N Washington Univ Church, and Washington Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.22% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.66% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,191, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,321, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,468, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.16%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05038 has a very sparse population density of 31.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.52%.