Senior Living in 05058 (Post Mills, VT)
- 05058 scores the same as the Post Mills, VT average of 75.
- 05058 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05058 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Valley View Home For Retired, Kendal at Hanover, and Hanover Terrace Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 16 golf courses nearby, including Lake Morey Inn Resort Country Club, Bradford Golf Club, and Hanover Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Rest-N-Nest Campground, Jacobs Brook Campground, and Storrs Pond Recreation Area.
- There are 21 churches nearby, including Cong United Church of Christ, Vershire Bible Church, and Union Meetinghouse.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.22% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.66% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,788, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,464, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,932, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.97%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05058 has a very sparse population density of 84.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.19%.