Senior Living in 05061 (Randolph Center, VT)
- 05061 scores the same as the Randolph Center, VT average of 71.
- 05061 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05061 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Gifford Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Windover House, Gifford Medical Center - Menig Extended Care Facility, and Riverbend Residential Care Home.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Montague Golf Club, White River Golf Club, and Northfield Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Lake Champagne Campground and Allis State Park).
- There are 15 churches nearby, including United Church of Randolph, United Church of Northfield, and Bethany United Church-christ.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.22% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.66% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,614, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,063, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,734, which is in the top 66% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.56%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 05061 has a very sparse population density of 64.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.79%.