Senior Living in 05062 (Reading, VT)
- 05062 scores the same as the Reading, VT average of 79.
- 05062 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05062 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Mt Ascutney Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Mill Village Apartments, Gill Odd Fellows Home, and Willows of Windsor.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including John P. Larkin Country Club, Woodstock Country Club, and Quechee Club, The -Lakeland.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Coolidge State Park, Ascutney State Park, and Running Bear Camping Area.
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Gethsemane Episcopal Church, St Francis of Assisi Rectory, and St Paul\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,358, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,063, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,237, which is in the top 28% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.03%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 05062 has a very sparse population density of 16.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.56%.