Senior Living in 05068 (South Royalton, VT)
- 05068 scores the same as the South Royalton, VT average of 71.
- 05068 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05068 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (White River Jct Va Medical Center).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Woodstock Terrace, The Homestead Inc., and Gifford Medical Center - Menig Extended Care Facility.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Woodstock Country Club, Quechee Club, The -Lakeland, and Quechee Club, The (Highland Course at Quechee Club, The).
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Silver Lake State Park, Quechee Ski Hill, and Marsh - Billings - Rockefeller National Historic Park.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Journey, United Church of S Royalton, and North Pomfret Congregational Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,929, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,300, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,600, which is in the top 48% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.78%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 05068 has a very sparse population density of 60.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.67%.