Senior Living in 05089 (Windsor, VT)
- 05089 scores the same as the Windsor, VT average of 69.
- 05089 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05089 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Mt Ascutney Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Willows of Windsor, Davis Home, and Historic Homes of Runnemede.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including John P. Larkin Country Club, Quechee Club, The (Highland Course at Quechee Club, The), and Quechee Club, The -Lakeland.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Saint-Gaudens National Historic Site, Ascutney State Park, and Running Bear Camping Area.
- There are 12 churches nearby, including St Paul\'s Episcopal Church, Brownsville Community Umc, and St Francis of Assisi Rectory.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,314, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,424, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,196, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.40%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 05089 has a sparse population density of 121.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.09%.