Senior Living in 05091 (Woodstock, VT)
- 05091 scores the same as the Woodstock, VT average of 79.
- 05091 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05091 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (White River Jct Va Medical Center and Mt Ascutney Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including The Homestead Inc., Woodstock Terrace, and Mill Village Apartments.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (43% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Quechee Club, The -Lakeland, Woodstock Country Club, and Quechee Club, The (Highland Course at Quechee Club, The).
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Marsh - Billings - Rockefeller National Historic Park, Quechee Ski Hill, and Quechee State Park.
- There are 14 churches nearby, including Christian Science Reading Room, Our Lady of Snows Church, and North Universalist Chapel.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $90,818, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $68,750, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,508, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 05091 has a very sparse population density of 49.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.08%.