Senior Living in 05142 (Cavendish, VT)
- 05142 scores the same as the Cavendish, VT average of 79.
- 05142 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05142 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Mt Ascutney Hospital, Springfield Hospital, and Springfield Hospital.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Gill Odd Fellows Home, Springfield Health and Rehab, and Ascutney House Residential Care Home.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Okemo Valley Golf Club, John P. Larkin Country Club, and Crown Point Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Getaway Mountain & Campground, Fish & Wildlife Department, and Running Bear Camping Area.
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Gethsemane Episcopal Church, First Congregational Chr, and Perkinsville Community Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,883, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,286, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,595, which is in the top 55% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.41%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 05142 has a very sparse population density of 25.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.21%.