Senior Living in 05143 (Chester, VT)
- 05143 scores the same as the Chester, VT average of 72.
- 05143 scores the same as the Vermont average of 72.
- 05143 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Springfield Hospital and Springfield Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Springfield Health and Rehab, Gill Odd Fellows Home, and Country Village Community Care Home.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Tater Hill Golf Club, Bellows Falls Country Club, and Okemo Valley Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Fish & Wildlife Department)..
- There are 32 churches nearby, including First Universalist Paris-unitarian Universalist, First Baptist Church, and St Luke\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,381, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,947, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,402, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.03%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05143 has a very sparse population density of 45.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.38%.