Senior Living in 05153 (Proctorsville, VT)
- 05153 scores the same as the Proctorsville, VT average of 73.
- 05153 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05153 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Mt Ascutney Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Gill Odd Fellows Home, Mill Village Apartments, and Springfield Health and Rehab.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Okemo Valley Golf Club, John P. Larkin Country Club, and Tater Hill Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Coolidge State Park, Ascutney State Park, and Getaway Mountain & Campground.
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Gethsemane Episcopal Church, Tyson Congregational Church, and Church of Annunciation.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,003, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,120, which is in the top 77% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,642, which is in the top 60% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.79%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 05153 has a very sparse population density of 54.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.73%.