Senior Living in 05155 (South Londonderry, VT)
- 05155 scores the same as the South Londonderry, VT average of 70.
- 05155 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05155 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Equinox Village and Heins Home)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Someday Golf Resort, Mount Snow Golf Club, and Stratton Mountain Country Club (Forest/Lake Course at Stratton Mountain Country Club).
- There is 1 park nearby (Townshend Dam Recreation Area)..
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Comm United Church of Christ, First Congregational Church, and Church of Wildwood.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,868, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,355, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,987, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.74%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05155 has a very sparse population density of 19.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.91%.