Senior Living in 05156 (Springfield, VT)
- 05156 scores the same as the Springfield, VT average of 70.
- 05156 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05156 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Springfield Hospital, Springfield Hospital, and Valley Regional Hospital.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Springfield Health and Rehab, Earl M Bourdon Center, and Ascutney House Residential Care Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Crown Point Country Club, Crown Point Country Club, and Claremont Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Fish & Wildlife Department, Morningside Flight Park, and Getaway Mountain & Campground.
- There are 34 churches nearby, including Springfield Assembly of God, St Mary\'s Religious Edu Center, and First Congregational Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,775, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,678, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,962, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.65%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 05156 has a sparse population density of 152.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.59%.