Senior Living in 05158 (Westminster, VT)
- 05158 scores the same as the Westminster, VT average of 73.
- 05158 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05158 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Grace Cottage Hospital and Grace Cottage Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Country Village Community Care Home, Maplewood Nursing Home of Cheshire County , and Heins Home.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Hooper Golf Club, Bellows Falls Country Club, and Keene Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 15 churches nearby, including Christ\'s Church, Christ\'s Church Office, and St Peter\'s Convent.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.01% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,455, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,281, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,006, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.23%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 05158 has a very sparse population density of 91.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.17%.