Senior Living in 05201 (Bennington, VT)
- 05201 scores the same as the Bennington, VT average of 63.
- 05201 scores significantly lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05201 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Southwestern Vermont Medical Center).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Crescent Manor Rehabilitation, Vermont Veterans\' Home, and Washington Elms.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Mt Anthony Country Club, Stamford Valley Golf Course, and Haystack Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Woodford State Park)..
- There are 13 churches nearby, including First Congregational Church, Church of Christ, and Sacred Heart St Francis Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.30% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,722, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,157, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,344, which is in the top 50% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.15%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05201 has a sparse population density of 159.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.87%.