Senior Living in 05251 (Dorset, VT)
- 05251 scores the same as the Dorset, VT average of 75.
- 05251 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05251 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Equinox Village, Mountainview Commons, and Indian River Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (44% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Dorset Field Club, Manchester Country Club, and Ekwanok Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Merck Forest & Farmland Center and Emerald Lake State Park).
- There are 9 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, Church of Wildwood, and Dupuis Geo H Rev.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.30% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $92,332, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $68,826, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,892, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.34%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05251 has a very sparse population density of 38.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.74%.