Senior Living in 05252 (East Arlington, VT)
- 05252 scores the same as the East Arlington, VT average of 76.
- 05252 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05252 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Southwestern Vermont Medical Center).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Equinox Village, River\'s Edge Community Care Home, and Vermont Veterans\' Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Ekwanok Country Club, Gleneagles Golf Course at the Equinox, and Manchester Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 16 churches nearby, including Carthusian Monastery, Global Meetinghouse Corp, and First Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.30% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,840, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,500, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,735, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.58%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05252 has a very sparse population density of 7.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.29%.