Senior Living in 05257 (North Bennington, VT)
- 05257 scores the same as the North Bennington, VT average of 70.
- 05257 scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05257 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Mcclellan Health System and Southwestern Vermont Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including The Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation at Hoosick Falls, Danforth Adult Care Center, and River\'s Edge Community Care Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Hoosick Falls Country Club, Mt Anthony Country Club, and Windy Hills Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Love N Care Ministries, Shaftsbury United Methodist, and Self-realization Fellowship of Shaftsbury.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.30% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,884, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,750, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,285, which is in the top 56% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.78%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05257 has a sparse population density of 214.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.62%.