Senior Living in 05261 (Pownal, VT)
- 05261 scores the same as the Pownal, VT average of 78.
- 05261 scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- 05261 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (North Adams Regional Hospital and Southwestern Vermont Medical Center).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Williamstown Commons Nursing and Rehab Center, Sweet Brook Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, and Bennington Health and Rehab.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Waubeeka Golf Links, Taconic Golf Club, and Stamford Valley Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Taconic Golf Club, Western Gateway Heritage State Park, and Natural Bridge State Park.
- There are 25 churches nearby, including First Cong Church, First United Methodist Church, and St Patrick\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.30% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Vermont has a very low average state income tax rate of 3.03%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,012, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,000, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,144, which is in the top 32% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.82%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 05261 has a very sparse population density of 85.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.92%.